Total Pageviews

Friday 22 July 2011

Back To Reality

Why is it you come home from a holiday feeling like you need a holiday? Guess its because we tried to cram so much in.
My happy little family are now back from sunny Wales. My daughter now has a very large shell collection and my son fell in love with a cucumber. Bless him, my baby boy turned three years old last week and for some weird reason took a liking to a cucumber.He walked round cuddling it all day the last few days of our holiday. He even slept with it. But in the excitement of getting home he now seems to have forgotten about his green friend. Probably for the best. The love affair could not have lasted much longer.
I have now learnt never to go to bed leaving my husband up watching Top Gear ( a TV programme about the latest cars) with a bottle of wine. The morning after a bottle or two of wine my husband said he could vaguely remember speaking to someone on the phone in the early hours of the morning. Checking his mobile phone he found a message he had sent his friend at 2am saying that he had seen a new sports car on TV worth hundreds of thousands of pounds that he really liked so he had phoned Mclaren to order a red one and was put on a years waiting list!!!! I nearly killed him!! I was really worried that he had handed over our bank details and our account was going to be wiped out. But nothing has shown up so I don`t know who he phoned. He now thinks its funny.
I did not do any writing when I was away so I have lots of catching up to do. But I did have a bit of a eureka moment with what I want to do next with my story. So feeling more positive.
When I was a little girl and had family days out at the seaside ( usually Great Yarmouth) my brothers and I use to like looking at the traditional funny seaside postcards. While on holiday I noticed they are not about anymore. I guess too politically incorrect. But they are a traditional part of the british humour like the Carry On films or Monty Python.
So I have found a few to share with you









No comments:

Post a Comment