Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 November 2011

The Rollercoaster Ride That Is NaNoWriMo Week 2

 

Now we are all at the end of the second week of our mad writing dash. The finishing line is so close yet so far *sigh*.
This week the " not good enough" doubts crept in and I started to lose my motivation. Last week I had lots of ideas and was loving every minute of it. But this week the trying to juggle my busy week around writing took some of the fun out of it. I have had a couple of nights where I really meant to write but ended up falling asleep instead.
My 3yr old son has not been sleeping well this week and has also been wanting to get up at 5.30am every day which is not nice. Also this week he was diagnosed with asthma ( refer to previous post). 
Wednesday I had a very naughty day. I sat on my backside all day and read Sherrilyn Kenyon's new book The Guardian.
OMG !!! If you are a fan of this type of fiction you have to read it!!! It is one of her best and amazing. She creates so much emotion and empathy in her book that you are gripped. I really, really loved it.  I have a soft spot for hero`s who are emotionally broken and beat down at the start but gains enough inner strength and courage by the end to be there for his true love.
I am glad I spent the time to read this book because it has reminded me of the type of writer I want to be. Sherrilyn Kenyon inspires me.

The Guardian By Sherriyln Kenyon


If you are a Kenyon fan and you enjoyed Wren`s story in Unleash The Night ( my favourite, well joint favourite now) you will really love this one. 

Unleash The Night By Sherrilyn Kenyon 

 Go on treat yourself  :)


Yesterday I managed to do about 80% of my Christmas shopping. Nothing like a bit of retail therapy to make you feel better.

Today I am feeling refreshed and recharged and am ready to take on week 3.

1 comment:

  1. Week 2 of NaNoWriMo has been a wild ride, filled with both highs and lows. The initial excitement of starting a new project has given way to the daunting task of actually filling pages with words. But the community support and encouragement have been a lifeline, keeping me motivated and inspired. The daily word count goals may feel overwhelming at times, but the satisfaction of watching the word count rise is indescribable.

    ReplyDelete