Total Pageviews

Monday 6 June 2011

My Future Is Written In The Stars




In January 2011 I was determined that this year would be MY year. I wrote down a set of goals I was going to achieve. 


1* Finishing the novel AWAKEN that I started last year
2*Start my idea for a second novel about sibling witches
3*Start a blog and to post interesting informative posts about writing every Friday
4*Study the art of writing fiction by reading books, blogs and other material  
 


Well, come February all that went out of the window with my Nan`s accident and now illness. Today she is still very ill as she has given up on life. It is only a matter of time before we will lose her. This year has been just one family drama after another.
One good news is that my baby niece was taken out of intensive care on Saturday and went home this morning. Now her two big sisters are fighting over who gets to cuddle her. She will be spoilt rotten.
Over the weekend I decided that I must get back on track with my writing whatever life decides to throw at me. I feel frustrated, depressed and annoyed with myself when I am not writing. I need to write. Even if I am never successful I have this restless need in my blood to WRITE.
I decided that starting today I WILL write for two hours every day no matter what disaster lurkes around the corner.
Today I read my horoscope (Capricorn) in the newspaper.  A sentence that jumped out at me said "Start today and your creative skills could soon be at the centre of your working world".
Wow what a great boost it was reading that. It put a great big smile on my face and a spring in my step. It must be a good omen. Here I come writing world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment